Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
Fieldhouse Medical Group has had a patient participation group (PPG) for many years now and we are always looking for new members.
Why Have a PPG?
Patient participation can benefit both patients and practices. Having a PPG creates a connection between the practice and its patients; allowing open, constructive discussion and analysis of service provision and offering an alternative perspective on many of the topics relevant to general practice.
A PPG is a mechanism which at different times can represent the patient population to the practice and the practice to the wider community. PPGs can help the practice to account for its provision of healthcare through various mechanisms, with the outcomes being used to improve the quality and level of healthcare services and facilities.
What do PPGs do?
PPGs can give you an involvement with your practice and could give you a say in the workings of the Care Trust. These are some examples of what the group could be expected to be involved with:
- consult and plan with patients whenever possible on the facilities and provision of services
- bring a sense of ownership and partnership between practice staff and patients
- give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest
- allow patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and their own healthcare
- develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
How Can You Help?
If you think you would like to be part of our PPG and be able to influence the future of your healthcare provision or would like more information about our PPG, please join us in one of our sessions or contact us to discuss this.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.