These can be requested:
- In person at the reception desk
- By post - enclosing a stamped addressed envelope for return
- By telephone - Monday to Friday between 11am & 4pm.
- On line via the link at the top of this page - ask at reception about registering for Patient Access
Please allow 48 (working) hours before collecting your prescription. All patients will be asked to make an appointment to see either the doctor or nurse for an annual medication review (some medications will need to be reviewed more often).
Please ensure that you follow the instructions on your repeat prescription slip as soon as possible to avoid any delay in issuing further medication.
Hospital requests for new medication will be processed in the same way as repeat medication.
Why not ask your local pharmacy about collection and delivery of your prescription and medication.
Electronic Prescribing Service
After ordering your prescription with us, we can now send it electronically straight to your chemist - saving you a trip back to the practice to collect your prescription.
To use this service you will need to:
- Nominate a chemist—you don’t need to use the same chemist for each prescription, just make sure when you order the prescription we know which chemist you want to use (most chemists in the area are providing this service).
- You need to have your information enabled on the NHS spine.
- Private prescriptions and controlled drugs are not enabled using this service.
- Keep us updated with any changes in your contact details