Patient Participation Group
Fieldhouse Medical Group has had a patient participation group (PPG) for many years now and we are always looking for new members.
Why Have a PPG?
Patient participation can benefit both patients and practices. Having a PPG creates a connection between the practice and its patients; allowing open, constructive discussion and analysis of service provision and offering an alternative perspective on many of the topics relevant to general practice.
A PPG is a mechanism which at different times can represent the patient population to the practice and the practice to the wider community. PPGs can help the practice to account for its provision of healthcare through various mechanisms, with the outcomes being used to improve the quality and level of healthcare services and facilities.
What do PPGs do?
PPGs can give you an involvement with your practice and could give you a say in the workings of the Care Trust. These are some examples of what the group could be expected to be involved with:
- consult and plan with patients whenever possible on the facilities and provision of services
- bring a sense of ownership and partnership between practice staff and patients
- give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest
- allow patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and their own healthcare
- develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
How Can You Help?
If you think you would like to be part of our Group and be able to influence the future of your healthcare provision or would like more information about our PPG, please join us in one of our sessions or contact us to discuss this.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.